Even though the weather outside is still sweltering, it makes me sad to know that with the advent August, summer is officially over. I'll use any tactic to squeeze in a few more poolside escapades, including wearing a bikini in lieu of underwear. It's a bizarre method, I realize, but if your friends are anything like mine you can never be too prepared for a night out.
1. Rachel by Rachel Roy, sleeveless Anjali dress -
2. All Saints, Aztec bikini top -
3. All Saints, Azetc bikini bottom -
4. Forever 21, "nature elements" necklace - $1.50
5. Forever 21, round sunglasses - $5.80
6. Melissa, bow flip flops - $59
7. Kate Spade, Lawn Party half circle tote -
Lightweight, breathable dresses with a bit of structure will keep you from looking schlumpy even in 90° heat. A tribal print sequined bikini is exactly the kind of big reveal I want to make when I peel off my dress to jump into the pool. Of course, jumping into pools doesn't give a girl time to put her jewelry in a safe, dry place, so something like Forever 21's selection of baubles under $5 work perfectly for me.